The Green Bay Packers will be making their only appearance of 2012 on Monday Night Football tonight as they take on the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle. The Pack will be playing their 59th game on MNF in the history of the series, their third against the Seahawks.
Here’s a few questions about the Packers playing on MNF that should get you “ready for some football” tonight.
1. The Packers have won 28 games on MNF. Against which team have they won the most games on Monday night?
2. The Packers have lost 29 games (with one tie) on MNF. Against which team have they lost the most games on Monday night?
3. What has been the biggest margin of victory for the Pack in a MNF game?
4. Since 1970, when MNF debuted, the Packers have played against every current NFL team on MNF except five teams. Can you name the five? Hint: One plays in the NFC West, one plays in the AFC East, one plays in the AFC South and two play in the AFC North.
5. The Packers have played 22 divisional games on MNF. Do they have a winning record?
6. Five different Green Bay quarterbacks have thrown two or more touchdown passes in a game on MNF. Can you name the five?
7. In three MNF games, the Packers have had a runner gain 150 or more yards in the contest. It was accomplished twice by Ahman Green. Can you name the other Green Bay running back who gained 150 or more yards rushing on MNF?
8. The last time the Packers played Seattle on MNF was in 2006. The Seahawks won the game, 34-24. Brett Favre had three interceptions and one touchdown pass. Who caught Favre’s only touchdown that night?
9. Five Green Bay players have accumulated 50 or more pass receptions in their careers with the Packers on MNF. Two are running backs, the other three are receivers. Can you name them?
10. Who holds the Packers record for most interceptions (not most interceptions thrown) on MNF?
2. The Packers have lost to the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings four times on MNF.
3. The biggest margin of victory was last year when the Packers beat the Vikings 45-7 (38-point margin).
5. The Packers have won 11, lost 10 and had one tie in games against divisional foes on MNF.
6. The five quarterbacks who have thrown two or more touchdowns in a MNF game for the Packers are Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Lynn Dickey, Bart Starr and Doug Pederson.
7. The other Packers running back to gain 150 or more yards rushing on MNF was Najeh Davenport. He had 178 yards on 19 carries in a Nov. 29, 2004 game against St. Louis.
8. Donald Driver scored on a 48-yard touchdown pass from Favre in the third quarter.
9. The five Packers with 50 or more career pass receptions on MNF: Running backs Williams Henderson (60) and Ahman Green (56) and receivers Donald Driver (96), Antonio Freeman (57) and Greg Jennings (50).
10. LeRoy Butler holds the Packers record for most Packers interceptions on MNF with five.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!