How well do you know the series? Take this 10-question trivia quiz and find out.
1. The Packers and Vikings will meet for the 102nd time in the regular season on Sunday. They have played once in the playoffs. Who won that playoff game?
2. In how many of the games between the two teams have the Packers scored 40 or more points in a game? Two, four, six, or eight times? For extra credit, how many times have the Vikings scored 40 or more points in a game in the series? Once, three times, five times?
3. Who has scored the most touchdowns for the Packers against the Vikings? Which Vikings player has scored the most touchdowns against the Packers?
4. The Packers have returned only two kickoffs for a touchdown against the Vikings. When did it happen last, and can you name the player who did it? Hint: It happened in the 1990s.
5. The Packers have had five quarterbacks who have attempted 100 or more passes against the Vikings in their careers with Green Bay. Can you name the five?
6. Who was the last Packers running back to gain 100 or more yards rushing in a game against Minnesota? Hint: It was done in 2007.
7. Which Packers kicker has the most career field goals made versus the Vikings? Which Vikings kicker has the most career field goals made versus the Packers?
8. Which Green Bay player has the most career receptions against the Vikings?
9. Former Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre played four games with the Vikings against the Packers. Facing off against Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the two teams split those four games. In those four games, which of the two quarterbacks, Favre or Rodgers, had more touchdown passes, fewer interceptions, and a higher passer rating?
10. The Packers and Vikings played 20 times in the 1990s. Which team won more games in the series during that decade?
1. The Vikings won the NFC first-round playoff game, 31-17, after the 2004 season.
2. The Packers have scored 40-plus points in four games. The Vikings have scored 40 or more only once in the series.
3. Packers running back Ahman Green has the most touchdowns in games against Minnesota—nine. Receiver Randy Moss scored 13 touchdowns against the Packers, most for the Vikings.
4. The last time the Packers returned a kickoff for touchdown against the Vikings was Oct. 5, 1998. Roell Preston returned a second-quarter kickoff 101 yards for the Pack.
5. The five Packers quarterbacks who have attempted 100 or more passes against the Vikings are: Brett Favre (666), Bart Starr (223), Lynn Dickey (187), Aaron Rodgers (177) and Don Majkowski (102).
6. Ryan Grant is the last Green Bay runner to gain over 100 yards in a game versus the Vikings. He gained 119 in a Nov. 11, 2007 game.
7. Ryan Longwell made 29 three-pointers against the Vikings. Fred Cox had 43 field goals made in his career against the Pack.
8. Donald Driver has 92 receptions versus the Vikings.
9. In those four games Favre played against the Pack, he had eight touchdowns, four interceptions and a passer rating of 89.9. Rodgers had 11 touchdowns, three interceptions and a passer rating of 111.3. Rodgers won in each category.
10. The Vikings won 12, the Pack won eight of those 20 games played in the 1990s.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!