1. Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
Taking Smith will be tempting here but with the amount of money on the line the Lions will try to get the franchise QB they so desperately need and with the deep OT talent grab one later.
2. St. Louis Rams Jason Smith, LT, Baylor
With Orlando Pace moving on the Rams select the heir apparent in the athletic Smith to take over and solidify the O-line.
3. Kansas City Chiefs Eugene Monroe, LT, Virginia
After trading for Cassel and Vrabel, the Chiefs take Monroe to protect their new investment at QB and pass on Curry.
4. Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
The Seahawks are ecstatic when Curry who is the best defensive player in the draft falls to them and they get their replacement for Julian Peterson who was recently traded.
5. Cleveland Browns Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
The Browns were last in the NFL in sacks last season and land the best pass rushing DE in the athletic Orakpo.
6. Cincinnati Bengals B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
The Bengals were terrible against the run in '08 and adding Raji will help the run defense as well as the pass rush.
7. Oakland Raiders Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
Al Davis wets his pants when the best WR drops to him and adding Crabtree with Russel and McFadden will give the Raiders one of the best young offenses in the NFL.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
Sanchez has been rocketing up the draft boards and is just to talented for the Jags to pass up even though they have other pressing needs.
9. Green Bay Packers Everette Brown, DE, Florida St.
The Pack's defense struggled last year in big part due to a lack of a consistent pass rush and Brown could play DE or OLB as they transition to the 3-4.
10. San Fransisco 49ers Andre Smith, LT, Alabama
At this point everyone knows about Smith's struggles but the 49ers desperately need a tackle and Smith has too much upside for them to pass on.
11. Buffalo Bills Malcom Jenkins, CB, Ohio St.
Jenkins erased any doubts about which position he will play with a great pro day. He improved his 40 time and is a lock to be the first CB taken.
12. Denver Broncos Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn St.
After a sub par combine Maybin lit it up on his pro day improving dramatically on his 40 time and the Broncos desperately need pass rushers after finishing close to last in sacks in '08.
13. Washington Redskins Michael Oher, LT, Mississippi
The Redskins need help on the O-line and the athletic Oher should step in and start from day one for them.
14. New Orleans Saints Chris "Beanie" Wells, RB, Ohio St.
Wells dramatically improved his 40 time at his pro day and the 6'1", 235-pound RB ran a blistering 4.38 solidifying himself as the top RB in the draft. The Saints get a steal here as Wells could wind up going higher due to his size/speed combo and will form a devastating one-two punch with Reggie Bush.
15. Houston Texans Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
The Texans need help at OLB and add the workout freak Cushing who has great speed and coverage ability.
16. San Diego Chargers Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
Despite his sub-par 40 time the Chargers are rumored to be in love with Moreno and see him as the eventual replacement for LT.
17. New York Jets Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas St.
The Jets will be tempted with Maclin still on the board but can't pass on the strong armed Freeman as they look to find the QB of the future.
18. Chicago Bears Jeremey Maclin, WR, Missouri
The Bears get the play maker at WR they need in Maclin. He slipped some what due to an injury at the combine but has top 10 talent and will give Chicago the big play threat opposite Devin Hester they need to open the offense up.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
Ayers fits the Tampa Two defense better than Tyson Jackson would and gives the Bucs a young pass rusher to rebuild their D around.
20. Detroit Lions Eben Britton, LT, Arizona
With their second pick in the first round the Lions get their LT to protect QB Matthew Stafford for the next 10 years.
21. Philadelphia Eagles Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
The Eagles struck gold last year with WR DeSean Jackson but still need help and DHB will give QB Donovan McNabb a big and fast play maker to stretch the field.
22. Minnesota Vikings Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
The Vikings add another play maker in Harvin to play opposite WR Benard Berrian.
23. New England Patriots Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
The Pats continue to rebuild their LB corps and add the hard hitting Maualuga to play next to last years NFL Defensive Rookie of the year Jarrod Mayo.
24. Atlanta Falcons Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
The Falcons need help at DE and DT and Jackson has the size and diversity to line up at either position.
25. Miami Dolphins Clay Matthews, OLB, USC
Parcells loves his LB's and Matthews can line up inside or out and rush the passer.
26. Baltimore Ravens Hakeem Nicks, WR, UNC
The Ravens need to give stud second year QB Joe Flacco some more weapons and the sure-handed Nicks would give him a great down field target.
27. Indianapolis Colts Evander Hood, DE, Missouri
The Colts need a DT and Hood had great workouts and would fit in nicely as a penetrating tackle in the Colts 4-3.
28. Philadelphia Eagles Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St.
Pettigrew is an excellent run blocker and will also make a nice replacement for L.J. Smith. He along with DHB will give McNabb the most weapons he has had in Philly.
29. New York Giants Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
Britt will get to stay home and suit up for the G men and give Manning the big target WR he has lacked since losing Burress.
30. Tennessee Titans Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi
After losing DT Albert Haynesworth the Titans grab Jerry and hope he can someday fill the big mans' shoes.
31. Arizona Cardinals Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut
Arizona is losing RB Edgerrin James and Brown is a hard runner with good speed who can be the every down back that the Cards lack.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers Vonte Davis, CB, Illinois
Davis slipped due to attitude concerns but the Steelers are thrilled to find a CB with his talent with the last pick of the first round.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!