Here are the Lester’s Legends quarterback rankings for the AFC & NFC Conference Championship Games of the 2012-13 NFL Playoffs.
1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
Losing Rob Gronkowski hurts, but Brady just keeps on rolling. He lit up the Houston Texans for 344 yards and three touchdowns. Brady had one of his worst playoff performances against the Baltimore Ravens in last year’s AFC Championship game. I expect a stronger performance this time around.
2. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
Kaepernick’s athleticism was on full display as he set the quarterback rushing record in the win over the Green Bay Packers. The Atlanta Falcons struggled to contain Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. I think they’ll slow him down a heck of a lot better than Green Bay did, but Kaepernick's running ability and strong arm make him a strong fantasy football option in the NFC Championship Game.
3. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
Ryan should be breathing easier after finally getting that first playoff win. It wasn’t always pretty, but Ryan threw three touchdown passes. Michael Turner and Jacquizz Rodgers gave him enough of a running game to keep the defenses honest. He’ll need some of that balance against the 49ers’ stout defense. Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez give Ryan the top trio of weapons left in the playoffs.
4. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
Flacco has averaged 306.3 yards with seven touchdowns and just one interception in his past three playoff games, including 306 yards and two touchdowns in last year’s meeting with the Patriots. Flacco has the most favorable matchup against New England’s secondary. I have Flacco ranked fourth, but I don’t think there is a big difference between the quarterbacks this week.
Also check out:
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Fantasy Football TE Rankings
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Fantasy Football K Rankings
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Fantasy Football DEF Rankings
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!