I started a series about 25 Ways to Know if You're a _____ Fan and they have received gotten good reaction. I decided to write the next one on the New York Mets in honor of their new ballpark.
So, New York City, here is your list!
- One of the main reasons that you wanted a new ballpark is so you wouldn't have headaches from the stadium stereo system.
- You referred to Shea Stadium as "our dump."
- You want to bite the apple that pops out after home runs.
- You have a statue of Bill Buckner in your room.
- You have skipped work or school to go to a game.
- You plan to propose on Citi Field's regular season opener.
- You wear K-Rod goggles everywhere you go.
- You asked Santa for Jose Reyes's speed.
- You think that the Mets have had a better history than the Yankees.
- Your nickname is Mr. Met.
- You guarantee a Playoff appearance because of the new bullpen.
- Mr. Met is your idol.
- You think Carlos Beltran looks good in orange.
- Same with K-Rod.
- You changed your pitching style to K-Rod's.
- You buy baseball equipment because David Wright endorses it.
- Philly Cheese Steaks look tempting but you won't eat one because it's from Philadelphia.
- You make fun of Phillies fans because they "boo" so quickly, but you then do the same.
- You put the "Subway" into "Subway Series" by taking it to Shea Stadium last season when the game was moved there from Yankee Stadium.
- You think that it's unfair that Yankee Stadium got the All-Star game. You wish they would have played half at Shea.
- You have had a countdown calendar until the Home Opener at Citi Field.
- You would give a vital organ to have been around in 1969.
- You named your son Nolan, Tom, or Mookie.
- You learned that Mets stands for 'Metropolitans', and now you call them the Metropolitans.
- You think the Mets are the best team ever!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!