Continuing in my series of "25 Ways To Know If You're a ______ Fan," this article is on the most storied franchise in baseball—the New York Yankees. Read the list, leave a comment on your thoughts, and enjoy.
So, New York, here is your list!
- You have a separate room that looks like Monument Park.
- You painted your room white with pinstripes.
- You buy any product endorsed by Derek Jeter.
- You cried after the "old" Yankee Stadium was torn down.
- You purchased a urinal from Yankee Stadium.
- You don't care how much money the Yankees spend in the offseason.
- Your favorite number is 26, but you would gladly change that to 27 by November.
- When the Yankees win, you consider Joe Girardi a genius.
- When the Yankees lose, you consider him an idiot.
- Your son's name is Yogi.
- You have lost track of what numbers have been retired by your team.
- Red Sox fans are hideous creatures in your eyes.
- You don't accept any clothing that is red, including socks!
- The season will always be considered a failure to you unless your team makes the playoffs (much less, wins the World Series).
- Your fantasy team name is the "Bronx Bombers."
- You never told anyone what you did to get tickets to the 2009 Home Opener.
- You back Alex Rodriguez with the steroid incident and all...unless it's October.
- You consider Nick Swisher your best reliever.
- You bought jerseys of A.J. Burnett and CC Sabathia even before they signed.
- You have never forgiven Bill Mazeroski.
- You consider the Yankees superior to the Dodgers and Giants because they never left New York.
- Making a fraction of your team's payroll is good money.
- You have skipped work or school to go to a Yankees game.
- You consider all other teams filthy because there is no facial hair rule (except the Dodgers, but they have Manny).
- You think the Yankees are the best team ever!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!