1. Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
Stafford and agent Tom Condon both eager to sign because of the potential slip.
2. Rams Jason Smith LT Baylor
Need a replacement for Pace and Alex Barron is clearly not the answer at left tackle. Do not need to draft a QB and trading down is not feasible
3. Redskins (from Chiefs) Mark Sanchez QB USC
Dan Snyder made it clear with his Cassell pursuits that Cambell is not the future and will not get outbid. Pioli wisely trades down to get similar talent at half price.
4. Seahawks Eugene Monroe LT Virginia
Walter Jones is winding down and Monroe can contribute immediately.
5. Browns Brian Orakpo OLB Texas
Desperately need sacks and showed great interest at Pro Day.
6. Bengals Andre Smith OT Alabama
Finishing 31st in offense requires a change in personnel. A menacing run blocker and proficient pass blocker will provide some stability for Carson Palmer.
7. Raiders Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
Jamarcus needs a downfield threat to compliment tight end Zack Miller. Crabtree has too many question marks to make a gamble.
8. Jaguars Aaron Curry ILB Wake Forest
A gift from the gods drops Curry to eight eliminating their plans to trade down. Will fill dire need at the mike position with the loss of Peterson.
9. Packers Tyson Jackson DE LSU
An ideal 5 technique player that should make the packers transition to the 3-4 much easier.
10. 49'ers Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Ten years from now could easily be the steal of the draft. Expect a lot of catches given Shaun Hill can not throw the ball more then 25 yards.
11. Bills Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
After a season of no pass rush, Dick Jauron needs his defensive line to come through to save his job.
12. Broncos B.J. Raji NT Boston College
Ideal 3-4 nose that will command the double team and will also create great pressure on the quarterback as well as allowing the d ends to collapse the pocket.
13. Chiefs (From Redskins) Michael Oher LT/RT Ole Miss
Pioli gets an SEC battle tested tackle cheap and moves Albert to guard.
14. Saints Vontae Davis CB Illinois
Saints have a great need for defensive backs and Vontae is the most talented defensive back in the draft.
15. Houston Texans Malcom Jenkins CB Ohio State
Next best corner for the emerging Texans defense after addressing the trenches the past three drafts in the first rounds.
16. Chargers Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
LT is on his way out and Sproles is nothing more then a special teamer/third down back.
17. Jets Darius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
The Jets surprise radio city music hall addressing the replacement of Laverneus Coles and giving Clemens more weapons to make him look like an adequate NFL Quarterback.
18. Broncos Aaron Maybin OLB Penn State
Has the potential to develop into a sack artist extraordinaire in the mold of a Jason Taylor.
19. Buccaneers Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
Do not need a developmental, inaccurate, quarterback to add to the Buccaneer Quarterback collection.
20. Lions Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
Stafford gets the best tight end in the draft and the offense gets a great help in the running game.
21. Eagles Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
Eagles making super bowl push and trying to add a new dimension to the offense.
22. Vikings Eben Britton OT Arizona
Fill a gaping whole at right tackle and continue to pave the way for AD.
23. Patriots Ray Maualuga USC
Ray fills a need at the Ted linebacker position replacing Bruschi by reaking havoc allowing Mayo to roam and make plays
24. Falcons Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss
This quick penetrating defensive tackle is a huge upgrade that will help Abraham and the former 8th pick Jamaal Anderson get more then 2 sacks a season
25. Dolphins Everette Brown OLB Florida State
Brown's reputation as a leader, hard worker impresses Parcells who gets a top 10 talent very late to replace current starter Matt Roth.
26. Ravens Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
Joe Flacco and the Ravens get the big target that this offense has been missing for many years.
27. Indianapolis Ziggy Hood DT Missouri
A huge upgrade over current 260 lb d tackles with superior athleticism, speed, and power to fit the scheme to perfection
28. Bills Brian Cushing SLB USC
Good thing they did not get him at 11 because this strong side backer will still be on the board and be a 10 year starter. Don't expect many sacks because of scheme and lack of pass rush abilities but expect great play verse the run.
29. Giants Clay Mathews SLB USC
Shows tremendous ability and athleticism in coverage allowing him to get on the field right away in the nickel package. With a little help on reads, and experience Mathews will develop into a fine Sam linebacker.
30. Titans Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose State
Freak athlete who jumps out of pools lands in Tennessee where he will try to replace superstar Albert Haynseworth.
31 Cardinals Donald Brown RB Connecticut
Hightower averages a whopping 2.8 y/c and Edge is done.
32. Steelers Eric Wood C/G Louisville
Steelers desperately need a center and Wood is more of a mauler than Unger or Mack.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!