Update from Friday, Feb. 14
Newcastle forward Loic Remy has seen allegations of rape dropped, reports BBC News:
The 27-year-old Newcastle striker was held in May last year along with two other men after a woman alleged she had been attacked in Fulham, west London.
The three were told on Thursday they would face no further action over the allegations.
Goal.com provided information at the time of the arrest, following an incident that was believed to have involved two other men and a 34-year-old woman. The alleged incident took place on May 6 in London and was reported the following day.
Metropolitan Police confirmed Remy and two others were held in custody. A spokesman released the following statement in the report:
Officers from Sapphire are investigating an allegation of rape which happened on 6 May in the west London area.
The allegation was passed on to the MPS by Kent Police on 8 May after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them on the previous day, 7 May.
The victim alleges she was raped by three men.
On the morning of Wednesday, 15 May three men, [A] aged 26; [B] aged 23; [C] 22 yrs, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape - they remain in custody at a west London police station.
Remy was on the QPR books at the time, having joined from Marseille during the January 2013 transfer window. He later joined Newcastle.
A spokesperson for QPR said at the time that the club were "aware of the allegations" but could not comment while the police investigation was continuing, according to BBC News.
ESPN reports one of the men arrested along with Remy was his cousin; the other was a friend. No further information about the alleged encounter between the three men and the woman was provided in the reports.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!