With UFC 162 now just days away, it is officially fight week. On today's radio show, Frankie Edgar, Mark Munoz and Tim Boetsch join us to discuss their upcoming fights this weekend, and there will be plenty of debate surrounding the upcoming card.
Frankie Edgar joins the show and shares a story about the time he met Sopranos actor James Gandolfini, before breaking down his fight against Charles Oliveira.
Edgar is coming into the fight off of three losses and it's his first non-title fight in four years—can he get back to contender status? He will answer that question on today's show.
Also on deck today are UFC 162 opponents Mark Munoz and Tim Boetsch, who give us their thoughts on the fight as well as a breakdown of the main event between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman.
Finally, UFC 162 goes under the microscope in today's debate, with picks, predictions and previews for the entire main card.
Today's debate topics include
- Who is in the biggest must win situation at UFC 162?
- Fight Pick: Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver
- Fight Pick: Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch
- Fight Pick: Tim Kennedy vs. Roger Gracie
- Fight Pick: Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
- Anderson Silva says he would not beat Jon Jones if they faced each other in the Octagon. Buying or not buying that he actually believes that?
- Did Chris Weidman inadvertently shift all the pressure on himself with his pre-fight talk and with so many fighters picking him to win?
- Fight Pick: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
This is MMA's Great Debate Radio for Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!