5-Star WR Speedy Noil Tweets New Top 5

Randy ChambersAnalyst IJuly 16, 2013

Wide receiver Speedy Noil is one of the top recruits in the 2013 recruiting class, and he just made five particular programs extremely happy. Noil decided to announce the five schools that are in the lead for his commitment, per his Twitter account. 

It's really no surprise that LSU and Texas A&M made the list. Noil is participating in an LSU camp and is from New Orleans, La. The Tigers rarely lose out on home recruits, which is part of the reason why 74 percent of the 27 predictions on 247Sports have Noil picking LSU. The other 26 percent have him siding with Texas A&M.

Noil made an unofficial visit to Texas A&M January 27 after being offered a scholarship by the Aggies in September of 2012. USC and Florida are also two schools he has been high on during the recruiting process and continues to keep close contact with.

The surprise on this new list is Oregon. The Ducks were never really in the conversation for Noil's services and they weren't even mentioned when Chad Simmons of Scout caught up with the 5-star receiver a couple of weeks ago at The Opening.

"Texas A&M, LSU, USC and Florida are my top schools. I like all of them the same way right now. All are equal for me."

It looks like spending a few days showcasing his skills in Oregon has paid off. Realistically, it shouldn't come as a shocker Oregon is now officially in the running for Noil. His speed and playmaking ability fits well in what the Ducks run. Look at how effective De'Anthony Thomas and former Ducks such as Kenjon Barner and LaMichael James have been.

Noil has excellent ball skills and elite speed. He's the type of player a team wants to lineup all over the field and use in different ways. Oregon would likely provide that opportunity and has the successful track record of putting offensive players in position to succeed.

Noil is the 13th best player and the top wide receiver in the 2013 recruiting class, according to 247Sports. Besides his Top 5, he also has offers from Alabama, Miami, Florida State and Texas, among others.

Related

    Bama's Tua Throwing Again, Making Progress After Hand Injury

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Bama's Tua Throwing Again, Making Progress After Hand Injury

    Saturday Down South
    via Saturday Down South

    5-Star DE Pickens Commits to South Carolina Over Clemson

    College Football logo
    College Football

    5-Star DE Pickens Commits to South Carolina Over Clemson

    Adam Wells
    via Bleacher Report

    Imagining a CFB Version of 'Hard Knocks'

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Imagining a CFB Version of 'Hard Knocks'

    SBNation.com
    via SBNation.com

    Former SIU DL Shot Defending Students at Indiana School

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Former SIU DL Shot Defending Students at Indiana School

    Mike Chiari
    via Bleacher Report