So, there's this team. It has a dominant defense, future Hall of Famers, perennial Pro Bowlers, is a part of the most brutal rivalry in football, and a Super Bowl earlier in this decade.
In fact, just about the only thing this team has lacked in its short history is a real bona fide quarterback. I don't know what team you were thinking about, but the first team to pop into my mind was the Baltimore Ravens.
And that's just why, of all the big name Ravens players, I'd like a day to talk with Joe Flacco. He is the new face of the franchise's offense, and is on the cusp of becoming what the team has been waiting on since it's move to Baltimore, its franchise quarterback.
If I had my day, these'd be the questions I'd ask:
- A lot of players experience a sophomore slump over the years, what've you worked on this off-season to avoid it?
- How active have you been in your preparation for your second season thus far?
- What was your favorite memory of your rookie season?
- There seems to be a lot of pressure on you from this city, given the history of quarterbacks here, how do you deal with it?
- There was much ado about your and fellow rookie quarterback Matt Ryan's composure in the face of pressure last season. What was your secret at remaining calm on the big stage?
- What advice would you have for Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, and all of the young quarterbacks entering the league this year?
- As a quarterback you're expected to be the voice of the offense, and usually the whole team, although a team that has Ray Lewis is an exception. Who are the other leaders in your huddle, and in the locker room?
- One of the hot button topics for this team's off-season has been the situation at wide receiver. What're your feelings on the receiving corps as it stands now?
- Were you disappointed when the team didn't draft any receivers at all this year?
- You were asked earlier in the season about how you'd feel if the Ravens had acquired T.O. That situation is resolved, but now I'd like to ask how you'd feel about the rumored attempts to acquire Anquan Boldin from the Cardinals.
- If you were told that the team had the opportunity to get either Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, or Plaxico Burress for next season, which do you campaign for the team to acquire?
That'd be my time with Joe Flacco, the young quarterback with the weight of a city's hopes on his shoulders.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!