If there is one new Bengal the media or fans could interview, it would have to be Rey Maualuga. The linebacker was great in college and might finally give the Bengals a big-time tackler they need.
Maualuga has the potential to be the steal of the 2009 draft. Will he be? Only time will tell.
Here are some questions I would ask the linebacker if given the chance:
1) First off, Rey, how do you like the weather here in Georgetown, KY? The Midwest is a little different than Southern California, huh?
2) Have you thought about talking to the people at the pro-shop about creating some stick-on Rey Maualuga tattoos?
3) Have you had a chance to try Skyline Chili? If you have and don’t care for it, just lie. You’ll break the hearts of Bengals fans.
4) OK, so how does it feel to be playing alongside teammate Keith Rivers again? Is it helping you transition?
5) How about playing with so many other Trojans? There is a bunch of you (four Trojans)—the most from any college.
6) What are some of your own personal goals for this upcoming season?
7) Who is the one quarterback you would love to get your first career sack against?
8) How about the one receiver you would be licking your chops if he went across the middle?
9) Finish this sentence for me: "Halfway through the season I am going to be…"
So those are the few questions I would ask Maualuga; some light-hearted questions and some serious. I think they would generate some good answers and give all the Bengals fans a better insight into the popular rookie linebacker.