At one point or another, most football fans will want to ask a player what's going on inside his head, whether pertaining to how he's feeling about the next season, his relationship to his teammates, or what he's like as a person away from the game. Here's my inquisition for Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards.
1. Last year you had a great start, but struggled later on in the season, including sustaining injuries. How will you use your experiences last season in order to build on that and be a better leader for your team this year?
2. Everyone has someone they tried or even still try to emulate in their profession. So who is your football role model? Why did you choose him, and how has watching him impacted the way you play the game?
3. What is the general feeling around the organization about expectations for the upcoming season?
4. The Bills have made some key acquisitions during this offseason. How do you see these affecting your team, particularly on the offensive side of the ball?
5. How do you expect the team to perform during the absence of Marshawn Lynch during the first three games, and do you expect Dominic Rhodes, Fred Jackson, and co. to be able to fill in sufficiently until Lynch's return?
6. A quarterback looks to his tight end as a security blanket and a guy who can bail him out of tough situations on the field. How is your relationship going with fourth-round draft pick Shawn Nelson?
7. Of course, the biggest news for the Bills this off-season has been the arrival of controversial receiver Terrell Owens. How comfortable does T.O. seem to you, and how is your relationship with him going thus far?
8. A lot has been made about the Bills playing some of their home games in Toronto. As a player, how do you feel about the entire situation, and as a player, what is the atmosphere like in Toronto in comparison to that in Orchard Park?
9. The AFC East has had a makeover of sorts this off-season, from Tom Brady coming back, to T.O. coming to Buffalo, to Favre retiring. How do you expect the uncertainty in this division to play out, and what one player do you think will make the biggest difference?
10. Being a quarterback in the NFL has got to be stressful. What do you do to relax in your free time and in the offseason?
11. And finally, I've got to ask it: What is your prediction for Super Bowl XLIV?
Alright, thanks for your time, and good luck in the 2009 season.