5-Star DT Recruit Shy Tuttle Tweets Top 5 Schools

Tyler Donohue@@TDsTakeNational Recruiting AnalystJune 23, 2014

Credit: 247Sports

Shy Tuttle provided a new twist in a nationwide recruitment Monday afternoon, unveiling a list of his top five collegiate options. The 5-star defensive tackle revealed teams that made the cut on Twitter:

The Lexington, North Carolina standout left the door open for two home state schools, with UNC and NC State still in the picture. Fellow ACC members Miami and Clemson are also in the mix.

Tennessee is the outlier among this group, standing alone as Tuttle's SEC interest. Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama also extended offers during the course of his recruiting process.

Tuttle, a 6'3", 315-pound rising senior at North Davidson High School, is one of the country's most coveted uncommitted prospects. He rates sixth nationally among defensive tackles and 29th overall in 247Sports' composite rankings.

His offer sheet also includes Ohio State, Texas, Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tuttle tallied 73 tackles in 2013, also returning an interception for a touchdown. He's been an impact interior defender throughout his high school career, racking up 244 tackles, including 44 for loss.

Tuttle has visited multiple college campuses since his junior campaign concluded. He spent time at Tennessee earlier this month— his second trip to Knoxville since March.

 “I’ve always liked Tennessee," Tuttle told Ryan Callahan of 247Sports last weekend.

The Volunteers face serious competition for his services, especially from an in-state institution.

North Carolina was the first program to present Tuttle with a scholarship offer. The Tar Heels kicked off the pursuit shortly after his freshman year.

UNC is projected to sign Tuttle by 88 percent of expert predictions in 247Sports' Crystal Ball. Clemson claims the remaining 12 percent.

He has yet to set a timetable for his decision and could stretch the process past this upcoming season.

Recruit information and ratings courtesy of 247Sports unless otherwise noted.

Related

    Leach Tweets Out Fake Obama Conspiracy Vid

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Leach Tweets Out Fake Obama Conspiracy Vid

    Timothy Rapp
    via Bleacher Report

    Leach's Hoax Tweet Showed Why Bigger Schools Won't Hire Him

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Leach's Hoax Tweet Showed Why Bigger Schools Won't Hire Him

    Dan Wolken
    via USA TODAY

    Pitt Lands 9 Commits on Father's Day

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Pitt Lands 9 Commits on Father's Day

    Cam Smith, USA TODAY High School Sports
    via USA TODAY High School Sports

    Welcome to Lane Kiffin's Charlie Weis Jr. Experiment

    College Football logo
    College Football

    Welcome to Lane Kiffin's Charlie Weis Jr. Experiment

    Andrea Adelson
    via ESPN.com