What happened to Shawn Marion?
Three years ago he was at the top of the trade rumor mill.
Now he's simply a free agent who no one wants to sign. The only team that seems to be targeting Marion is the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are trying to bolster their roster for next season.
A lot of teams don't realize what kind of hard work Marion puts in. When put on the floor, Marion will give you everything he has for all 48 minutes of the game.
Just ask teammates of Marion in the past, like Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh. They'll all tell you the same thing that I just wrote above.
Lets explore what the Cavs would get if they signed Marion:
- An athletic guy who can play any position on the floor except point guard.
- A guy who will hustle and play 40-plus minutes every night if needed.
- A versatile defender who will help complement LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal.
- A fast break waiting to happen. Marion is super quick and will benefit from LeBron's passing skills.
- A great rebounder who will fight for the ball at any time.
- Gives 110 percent every play and minute of the game.
- A good shooter that can shoot from anywhere on the court.
- Energizes any home crowd with his dunks.
The abilities that Marion has will put any contender over the top to win a championship.
Marion has skills that will help win Cleveland a championship next year. Now it's just up to the Cavaliers to sign him.