Top Ten Teams
1. Florida-The defending champs enjoy their final week as number one.
2. Alabama-The next number one.
3. Texas-Could be number one.
4. LSU-Going to beat number one.
5. Boise-Would be number one if they played in a better conference.
6. TCU-Their defense is number one.
7. Cincinnati-Would be an unlikely number one.
8. Iowa-If they remain undefeated they will be number one.
9. Auburn-Five games in and five wins.
10. South Florida-Stronger at QB than they were?
Top Ten Games of Week Five
1. LSU 20, Georgia 13 - Football the way it was supposed to be played
2. Michigan State 26, Michigan 20-This game had it all.
3. Miami 21, Oklahoma 20- U gotta believe.
4. Notre Dame 37, Washington 30- Another nail biter for the Irish.
5. Navy 16, Air Force 13- Had a feeling about this one.
6. Northwestern 27, Purdue 21-Nice comeback.
7. Toledo 37, Ball State 30-It aint over til it's over.
8. Iowa 24, Arkansas State 21-Can anyone figure out Iowa?
9. Wisconsin 31, Minnesota 28- Nice Axe.
10. Kansas State 24, Iowa State 23 -Blocked extra point.
Ten Head Scratchers
1. Virginia 16, North Carolina 3- Huh?
2. UTEP 58, Houston 41- Didn't see this coming.
3. Maryland 24, Clemson 21-A big surprise.
4. UAB 30, Southern Miss 17-Avenging the 56 point loss a year ago.
5. Wyoming 30, FAU 28 -The Cowboys are 3-2.
6. Iowa 24, Arkansas State 21-How is this so close?
7. Virginia Tech 34, Duke 26-This game was even closer than the score.
8. Tulane 17, Army 16-Can't figure either of these teams out.
9. Kansas State 24, Iowa State 23- How do you miss an extra point?
10. Michigan State 26, Michigan 20-Not the game but the fake punt.
Ten Teams With A Loss That Could Be In If There Were Playoffs.
1. Ohio State-Playing as well as anyone.
2. USC-Still just a ton of talent.
3. Virginia Tech-Good coaching still goes a long way.
4. Miami-Could be the team to beat next year.
5. Penn State-Always a factor.
6. Notre Dame-The TV networks choice.
7. Stanford-A very good team.
8. Oregon-Just look like a different team than the one that lost.
9. Nebraska-Clawing their way back into it.
10. Ole Miss-Will have their chances to play into it.
Ten Things To Talk About This Week
1. Tim Tebow's health- When is a game just a game?
2. No Olympics in Chicago-YIPPEE!!!!!! We don't have to pay for it.
3. Celebration Rules- These are getting silly.
4. Baseball Playoffs-Why not?
5. The Weather-Getting a little chilly.
6. The Perfect Brownie-Still hunting for an imperfect Brownie.
7. Breast Cancer Awareness-I think the NFL has got this right.
8. Who is the worst coach-One vote here for Ron Zook.
9. Who is the best coach-One vote here for Frank Beamer.
10. What do we do about Boise?-Maybe this is what it will take to get a playoff.
Ten Guys Who Earned It This Week
1. Kirk Cousins-Took a physical beating.
2. Jacory Harris-In one week, out the next, and in the next after that.
3. Charles Scott-Powerful running.
4. Taylor Mays-One of the best overall.
5. Jimmy Clausen-Has even the haters taking notice.
6. Toby Gerhart-Will be a household name shortly.
7. John Clay-32 carries, three touchdowns.
8. Javarris James-Sliced up the Oklahoma defense.
9. Golden Tate-Absolutely off the chart.
10. Noel Devine-Faster than a speeding bullet.
Ten Best Spots On The Web
1. The Sports Chat Place-What did you expect me to say?
2. Bleacher Report-What did we do before?
3. First and Big Ten-Got to support the fellow Bleacher Creatures.
4. Google-What's not to like?
5. Scout.com-These guys have gotten huge
6. CBS Sports-They have been good to us.
7. Fox Sports-They have been good to us as well.
8. Matt Sarz-An absolute must every Saturday for a college football fan.
9. Yaro Starak-A shameless plug for my friend and Blogging mentor.
10. Blog Talk Radio-My show is Picks and Parlays, Tuesday night at 7 PM EST.
Ten Documented Preseason Predictions I Made
1. The ACC will finish with two teams in the top 10-Still a good chance.
2. Duke, Baylor, and Washington will all go to a bowl game- Two out of three?
3. Michigan will beat Ohio State-Going to have to play well but they have a chance.
4. Florida State would be the first ranked team to fall to an unranked team- Nailed it.
5. LSU at Alabama on November 7th will be the biggest game of the year-Very well could be.
6. Bryce Beall would lead the nation in rushing-Probably not.
7. Mike Stoops would be gone by the end of the season-Maybe, maybe not.
8. USC would win the Pac-10 again-Looks like a showdown with the Ducks.
9. Florida wouldn't repeat as National Champions-Who knows?
10. Stanford would be last in the Pac-10-Not even close.
Ten Things That Reminded Me Why I Love College Football
1. A classic played "Between the Hedges"-College Football at its finest.
2. Paul Bunyon's Axe-How cool is that?
3. The Paul Bunyon Trophy-So what if it looks like a garden gnome.
4. Joe Pa-I hope he never retires.
5. Notre Dame fight song-Couldn't tell you one word of it but it's a great one.
6. Rocky Top-Like it or not it's a big part of the game.
7. The playoff atmosphere-Every game is a playoff.
8. The Commander in Chief Trophy -The older I get the more I appreciate it.
9. Effort-You see it from every player every play.
10. Miami's entrance-Still one of the best in the game.
Top Ten Games For Next Week
1. Florida at LSU-We've been waiting for this one.
2. Alabama at Ole Miss-Should be a monster.
3. Wisconsin at Ohio State-This goes a long way for both teams.
4. Nebraska at Missouri-How about two ranked teams on a Thursday?
5. Michigan at Iowa-Would have never thought a month ago this would be big.
6. Georgia at Tennessee-The college football lovers special.
7. Oregon at UCLA-This is getting interesting.
8. Stanford at Oregon State-Two solid teams and two super running backs.
9. TCU at Air Force-Could be a good one in the Mountain West.
10. Boston College at Virginia Tech-Seems to be the ACC Title Game every year.
Visit Mitch anytime at The Sports Chat Place
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!