With the way the season has gone for the Browns this year, Fans are already looking to have a top-5 pick in this years draft.
I personally can say this for every Browns fans in the world, we would love to have the the 32nd pick in the draft, we all know that means we have won an NFL Championship.
But since that is not going to happen this year, we might as well look at the prospects coming into this years draft that are projected to be the top 5.
The prospects I put in this top-5 mock draft reflects my own opinion in what I think the Browns should go for in this years draft.
I just wanted to note that these are Seniors coming into the draft, and 1 Junior.
1. Brandon Spikes: MLB, This kid is an amazing athlete that competes every Saturday against top NFL prospects within the SEC. This is the type of play maker that Browns need in the middle of our defense. We need linebackers that are going to be nasty when giving the hit to a wide out or a running back.
2. Taylor Mays: S, Let's talk about the premier safeties in our division Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu oh yeah need I say more. This is why Mays is number two on my list, it is safe to say that with Brodney Pool and his history of concussions if he happens to get another one he is going to be quickly removed from the Browns roster. Mays is a big safety with good speed to range from sideline to sideline, something that Elam or Pool can not do.
3. Sam Bradford: QB, We all know the situation at Quarterback. Anderson is not good by any stretch of the imagination, Quinn the jury is still out. Bradford is very accurate, has a good enough arm to make the deep throws down field, a good leader something that is lacking in this organization. But honestly the shoulder injury kind of scares me a little, shoulders are tricky to come back from but luckily in our case he is young should heal just fine.
4. C.J. Spiller: RB, With the recent news of Jamal Lewis going to retire at the end of the season, this is an area of need. Spiller is a fast back that has some power behind his frame. This type of back is going to be able to stretch the field, and make the defense on the other side of the ball stay honest in there coverages. He is having a pretty good season at Clemson, even though he does not have the caliber line to run behind something that he would have in Cleveland. Lets be honest our O-Line is pretty good.
5. Ndamukong Suh: DT, Your probably wondering why I chose Suh in my top 5 considering we have one of the best defensive tackles in the game. Well with Mangini on the hot seat already, what are the chances of the Browns bringing in another coach that runs the 3-4. Suh is a disruptive force in the middle of a defense something we also need on the defensive side of the ball. He will command a double team every time we line up on the ball. He also has a non stop motor.
These are players that I would like to see the Browns pick, I know we can't get all of them but just one of these top caliber players would help our team as soon as they got onto the field. Of course others out there are going to have there opinions on my top-5.
That's fine I welcome any type of feedback from the fans of the Cleveland Browns.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!