Eric Berry is a saftey out of the University of Tennessee. He is the top safety on nearly everyone's draft board. And he is a projected first round pick, most likely being in the top five.
Does this sound like an underrated player?
No. Well, at least not on the outside, but when you look deeper things begin to change.
The past months leading up to the draft have focused on different things. It started with the defensive tackles. Suh and McCoy were all that was talked about for over a month.
Then after the Combine, the focus moved to the quarterbacks. Bradford has moved up everyone's draft boards to the No. 1 spot.
With all the focus on these guys, it's amazing they've talked about Berry at all. His draft talk is dropping because of his lack of publicity.
I've heard him called "The Next Ed Reed." If that's true, he should be the No. 1 overall player on everyone's draft board.
If this guy was talked about as the No. 1, he would be, but that's not happening. Here is my most recent mock draft:
1. Saint Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
4. Washington Redskins - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
6. Seattle Seahawks - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
8. Oakland Raiders - Bruce Campell, OT, Maryland
9. Buffalo Bills - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
12. Miami Dolphins - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
13. San Francisco 49ers - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver for 2nd round pick in 2009) - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
15. New York Giants - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
16. Tennessee Titans - Everson Griffen, DE, USC
17. San Francisco 49ers - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
19. Atlanta Falcons - Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
20. Houston Texans - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. New England Patriots - Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
23. Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown, OT, USC
24. Philadelphia Eagles - Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
25. Baltimore Ravens - Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Missouri
26. Arizona Cardinals - Navorro Bowman, ILB, Penn State
27. Dallas Cowboys - Taylor Mays, S, USC
28. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
29. New York Jets - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
30. Minnesota Vikings - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
31. Indianapolis Colts - Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
32. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
If Cleveland trades up like many experts expect, arguably the best player in the draft could drop as far sixth to Seattle.
Disagree? Leave a comment for my mock draft 5.0.