August 25, 2010
- On October 11, 1984 Mario Lemieux scored his first goal On his first shot of his first shift of his first NHL game.
- On December 19, 1917 while playing for the Montreal Wanderers Dave Ritchie scored the very first goal in the NHL.
- Maurice Richard coached the Quebec Nordiques before resigning after two games.
- Former Montreal Canadiens Doug Jarvis played 934 consecutive games between October 8, 1975 and October 10, 1987
- During the 1970-71 season Phil Esposito had 550 shots on goal.
- On March 11, 1979 Randy Holt accumulated a total of 67 minutes of penalties in one game.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!