State of the Union
Michigan has 11 verbals commitments in the 2011 class. I expect the Wolverines would want to sign a class of 20 players, which leaves nine spots to be filled in 12 days. Michigan lost it's two highest ranked commits in five star Dee Hart and silent commit five star Kris Frost.
This Weekend's Visitors
I went into more detail yesterday on this weekends visitors but Michigan with host:
Three verbal commits: Posada, Hayes, and new commit Carter.
Five prospects: Raymon Taylor, Frank Clark, Matt Wile, Stefan McClure and Leilon Willingham.
All visitors are serious about Michigan and the Wolverines have a good chance at getting each one of these guys to sign in 12 days. Next weekend will be huge as well.
Latest news to share with recruits
- Michigan hires Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Terrell Suggs Defensive Coordinator from the Baltimore Ravens, Greg Mattison. Leilon Willingham is a huge a Ray Lewis fan and changed his weekend trip from Texas AM to Michigan.
- HD Video Boards: The Michigan Regents just approved $20 million in HD video boards for the Big House, Crisler, and Yost Arenas. With these new boards, The Big House, Schembechler Hall, and the Al Glick Field House Michigan might have the best football facilities in the nation.
With Tate now officially gone, it's pretty clear Michigan would like to have a QB in this class but makes one in the 2012 class a top priority. The rumor mill is saying that Michigan is focusing on a 2011 Boston College commit named Christian Suntrup. Christian is a 6'3", 205 pound pro style QB from St. Louis. He is rated three stars by Rivals.
Who are some new names that Michigan might be looking at?
- DE Max Issaka (6'3", 240 pounds) from New Jersey.
- TE Jamare Mills (6'5", 244 pounds) from Ohio.
- DE Brandon Alexander (6'6", 230 pounds) from Texas.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!