My "Top 15 Funniest Quotes" series continues. First, I took on golf, in the second article of the series I take on soccer.
Soccer, or football as the rest of the world calls it, can be full of hilarious moments. It can also be full of hilarious or stupid comments from players, managers, and commentators alike. Here's the top fifteen quotes that show how funny or stupid some comments are.
1. "I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country." - Ian Rush
2. "Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today." - Steve Lomas
3. "The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukranians will be more European." - Phil Neville
4. "I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league." - Mark Viduka
5. "I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well." - Alan Shearer
1. "I was a young lad when I was growing up." - David O'Leary
2. "We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other three per cent that cost us the match." - Ruud Gullit
3. "If they hadn't scored, we would've won." - Howard Wilkinson
4. "I have a number of alternatives, and each one gives me something different." - Glenn Hoddle
5. "It was a game we should have won. We lost it because we thought we were going to win it. But then again, I thought that there was no way we were going to get a result there." - Jack Charlton
1. "The ageless Dennis Wise, now in his thirties." - Martin Tyler
2. "Martin O'Neill, standing, hands on hips, stroking his chin." - Mike Ingham
3. "West Germany's Briegel hasn't been able to get past anyone yet - that's his trademark." - John Helm
4. "Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras." - Peter Jones
5. "Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve." - John Greig
Here is the first article in this series for those who are interested.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!